• 3rd March Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 17th March Herb garden fence weaving workshop
• 1st April Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 20th-23rd April Nature’s Open Secret with Katherine Buchanan
• 28th April Open day
• 29th April Sanctuary workshop
• 5th May Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 5th May Tree planting workshop Malcolm, & clearing for tree nursery
• 12th May Tree planting workshop with Malcolm
• Artist in residence: Alexander Hamilton (details tbc)
• 2nd June Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 5th June RBGE Herbology class with Katherine Buchanan
• 22nd June St. Johns celebration
• 29th June -1st July NATURE’S ALPHABET: Exploring the Relationship between Word and World with Katherine Buchanan and Paul Matthews
• 7th -8th July Greenwood workshop with Malcom
• 14th -15th July Greenwood workshop with Malcom
• 3rd- 5th Aug. Herb memorial workshop with Maureen Robertson
• 24th -26th Aug. In Partnership with Nature with Katherine Buchanan
• 5th -9th Sept. Co-creating in Landscape – exploring a deeper connection to landscape and an artistic response with Katherine Buchanan and Johannes Sloendregt
• 23rd Sept. Sanctuary Workshop
Sun is shining and we are offering new outdoor opportunities for people with special needs for the warmest seasons of the year.
At Pishwanton Wood we have a wide experience in looking after people with special needs, with or without their carers.
We offer therapeutic outdoor and indoor activities in a safe, health-giving environment to people of all ages and abilities.
What can we offer?
Supervision and Training for people with behavioural support needs, additional support needs and special needs.
- Education in Land and Craft Skills.
- Tailor-made individual programmes
- A quiet environment to come to peace.
- Opportunities to practice gentle handwork.
- A place of good social interaction in a relaxed and tranquil woodland setting.
We strive to ensure the realisation of every individuals potential as far as we are able.
Some of the jobs we do together:
- Planting trees and caring for them.
- Felling trees, using the timber in buildings.
- Constructing fences and woven hedges.
- Caring for animals.
- Making a garden.
- Wool spinning, dyeing, felting, knitting and weaving.
- Harvesting and processing herbs.
Margaret Colquhoun and David Arthur at the Scottish Parliament Camphill Reception
You will meet very nice people!
A space to share research, knowledge and personal experiences related to Goethean Science, Sustainability and Personal Experiences with Nature.
Continue reading Blog 2015