We believe that everyone has unique potential and creativity!
Opportunities for People with Learning Disabilities in 2015-16
We are delighted to be a member of the Camphill Association
At Pishwanton Wood we have a wide experience in looking after people with special needs, with or without their carers.
We offer therapeutic outdoor and indoor activities in a safe, health-giving environment to people of all ages and abilities.
What can we offer?
Supervision and Training for people with behavioural support needs, additional support needs and special needs.
- Education in Land and Craft Skills.
- Tailor-made individual programmes
- A quiet environment to come to peace.
- Opportunities to practice gentle handwork.
- A place of good social interaction in a relaxed and tranquil woodland setting.
We strive to ensure the realisation of every individuals potential as far as we are able.
Some of the jobs we do together:
- Planting trees and caring for them.
- Felling trees, using the timber in buildings.
- Constructing fences and woven hedges.
- Caring for animals.
- Making a garden.
- Wool spinning, dyeing, felting, knitting and weaving.
- Harvesting and processing herbs.
Whether you already enjoy working outdoors or just want to give it a try, we will be glad to work with you to build a good new connection to the natural world and to stand together as responsible citizens to create a sustainable future for the earth.
We currently have spaces within our day service for a few new clients. if you are interested please contact “Pishwanton Care” at Quince Cottage, 4 Baxtersyke, Gifford, EH41 4PL.
You can download and print the leaflet from here.
Our hostel at Quince Cottage provides accommodation for people with special needs, with or without their carers, within walking distance of the Wood. For further details, contact the House Co-ordinator (telephone 01620 810 891/ 01620 810259 ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please, for further details visit our page for Accommodation.