See link to “Training in Goethean Anthroposophical Natural Science”
A year after a serious illness was first diagnosed, Margaret Colquhoun crossed the threshold very peacefully in her home, as she had wished, at 2.20pm on Thursday 3rd August. Her final months had been generally comfortable and she received wonderful help and support from close friends, neighbours and the NHS, recently supplemented with some private care. A Christian Communty funeral service and burial took place on Sunday 13th August in the walled garden adjoining her home in Craigie Lodge.
• 3rd March Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 17th March Herb garden fence weaving workshop
• 1st April Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 20th-23rd April Nature’s Open Secret with Katherine Buchanan
• 28th April Open day
• 29th April Sanctuary workshop
• 5th May Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 5th May Tree planting workshop Malcolm, & clearing for tree nursery
• 12th May Tree planting workshop with Malcolm
• Artist in residence: Alexander Hamilton (details tbc)
• 2nd June Art Workshop in Craft Building with Heather Bewick
• 5th June RBGE Herbology class with Katherine Buchanan
• 22nd June St. Johns celebration
• 29th June -1st July NATURE’S ALPHABET: Exploring the Relationship between Word and World with Katherine Buchanan and Paul Matthews
• 7th -8th July Greenwood workshop with Malcom
• 14th -15th July Greenwood workshop with Malcom
• 3rd- 5th Aug. Herb memorial workshop with Maureen Robertson
• 24th -26th Aug. In Partnership with Nature with Katherine Buchanan
• 5th -9th Sept. Co-creating in Landscape – exploring a deeper connection to landscape and an artistic response with Katherine Buchanan and Johannes Sloendregt
• 23rd Sept. Sanctuary Workshop
by Margaret Colquhoun
“The Natural gifts, naturally inherited knowledge, traditional medicines and so on that have been passed down from ancient times are all losing their value. We need to acquire new knowledge in order to be able to enter into all the inter-relationships of these things. Humanity has only two choices: either to start once again, in every field of endeavour, to learn from the whole of nature, from the relationships within the whole cosmos, or to allow both nature and human life to degenerate and die off. There is no other choice. Today, no less than in ancient times, we are in need of knowledge that can really enter into the inner workings of nature”. Rudolf Steiner in Spiritual Foundations for the Renewal of Agriculture lecture 2, 1924
(Published in the Spring Issue of New View magazine)
Sun is shining and we are offering new outdoor opportunities for people with special needs for the warmest seasons of the year.
At Pishwanton Wood we have a wide experience in looking after people with special needs, with or without their carers.
We offer therapeutic outdoor and indoor activities in a safe, health-giving environment to people of all ages and abilities.
What can we offer?
Supervision and Training for people with behavioural support needs, additional support needs and special needs.
- Education in Land and Craft Skills.
- Tailor-made individual programmes
- A quiet environment to come to peace.
- Opportunities to practice gentle handwork.
- A place of good social interaction in a relaxed and tranquil woodland setting.
We strive to ensure the realisation of every individuals potential as far as we are able.
Some of the jobs we do together:
- Planting trees and caring for them.
- Felling trees, using the timber in buildings.
- Constructing fences and woven hedges.
- Caring for animals.
- Making a garden.
- Wool spinning, dyeing, felting, knitting and weaving.
- Harvesting and processing herbs.
There are no vacancies at present.
The Life Science Trust, Quince Cottage, 4 Baxtersyke, Gifford, EH41 4PL, East Lothian, Scotland. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 01620 810259 www.pishwanton.org
Published by WGBH Forum in 2014
” Allan Pittman and Bryan Lynch review the essential teachings of two historic figures, Helena Blavatsky, the founder of the Theosophical Society, who specialized in the teachings of the East (particularly esoteric Buddhism) and Rudolph Steiner, the founder of Anthroposophy, who specialized in the teachings of the West (particularly esoteric Christianity).”
A space to share research, knowledge and personal experiences related to Goethean Science, Sustainability and Personal Experiences with Nature.
We are in the process of restructuring our project and no longer offer corporate volunteering (2017/18).
Donation through Just Giving
- Sponsor Land care or Education.
- Offer a gift for a specific aspect of the Project.
- The Community Garden The Student Chalets & Accomodation Farm Animal Upkeep.