Sun is shining and we are offering new outdoor opportunities for people with special needs for the warmest seasons of the year.
At Pishwanton Wood we have a wide experience in looking after people with special needs, with or without their carers.
We offer therapeutic outdoor and indoor activities in a safe, health-giving environment to people of all ages and abilities.
What can we offer?
Supervision and Training for people with behavioural support needs, additional support needs and special needs.
- Education in Land and Craft Skills.
- Tailor-made individual programmes
- A quiet environment to come to peace.
- Opportunities to practice gentle handwork.
- A place of good social interaction in a relaxed and tranquil woodland setting.
We strive to ensure the realisation of every individuals potential as far as we are able.
Some of the jobs we do together:
- Planting trees and caring for them.
- Felling trees, using the timber in buildings.
- Constructing fences and woven hedges.
- Caring for animals.
- Making a garden.
- Wool spinning, dyeing, felting, knitting and weaving.
- Harvesting and processing herbs.