2016, New Opportunities for companies and organisations at Pishwanton Wood!
It is always surprising the impact that a single volunteering day can have on your employees, your business and local community.
Get your company volunteering!
Research shows that volunteering helps staff develop leadership, decision-making and negotiation skills. It can also help staff develop as individuals, boost morale and improve retention.
TimeBank an organisation specialising in Corporate Volunteering, outlines the following benefits for companies:
- Employee volunteering helps you build social capital by improving your company’s image in the community. It also helps to increase your attractiveness as a recruiter – graduates are more attracted to firms that exhibit good corporate citizenship.
- Community involvement can generate increased morale, motivation, commitment and performance. In addition, employees can bring back new skills and ideas to the workplace which can improve creativity.
- TimeBank undertook a survey involving over 3,000 UK employers and employees. This survey shows that 94% of employers think that employee volunteering has added to the skills of their workforce.
- An employee volunteering scheme is an effective way to encourage fresh perspectives and inter-departmental cohesion, bringing together people from all levels.
A day off with your workmates!
Bring a team of co-workers from your company and reduce your carbon footprint in beautiful Pishwanton Wood!
Get out of the city into the fresh air of East Lothian and help on this project of sustainability in environmental education where everything is organic / biodynamic and we tread gently on the earth.
Come for a day with your colleagues and learn to work together on a variety of traditional rural tasks and crafts. Or stay longer and wild camp overnight in the wood or in B & B accommodation at Quince Cottage where you can enjoy a tasty organic evening meal and breakfast.
For more information read here the Corporate Volunteering and Team Building Opportunities 2015-16 at Pishwanton Wood.
We host corporate groups for team-building “awaydays” (recent clients include RBS, Scottish Widows, Turner and Townsend, Royal College of Nursing, and Volunteer Centre Edinburgh).
Ways to support us!
It would be awesome if your organisation can spend a day-off with us, but if you are unable to attend a day, and you want to support us, there are still many ways in which you can help us (see the list below).
- Become a Corporate Friend of Pishwanton Make a general donation through Just Giving
- Sponsor Land care or Education.
- Offer a gift for a specific aspect of the Project.
- The Community Garden The Student Chalets & Accomodation Farm Animal Upkeep.